December marks the time of the year when we start thinking about new beginnings. A lot of New Year’s resolutions are about our own health, but we also wanted to share daily advice that can help you jump into 2015 with a healthy home or office.
Starting with December 1, we’ll post a small, practical tip every day up until Christmas:
- December 1: choosing candles that won’t leave you out of breath
- December 2: open the windows during long meetings to avoid headaches
- December 3: clear the air in your bedroom before going to sleep
- December 4: the right humidity can make you feel warmer at lower heating costs
- December 5: use humidity to fight colds and flu
- December 6: don’t help molds grow at high humidity levels
- December 7: keep your bedroom cool
- December 8: is your headache weather related?
- December 9: avoid dry air in your bedroom
- December 10: find out what’s polluting the air you breathe
- December 11: houseplants aren’t miracle workers
- December 12: don’t turn your house into a sealed plastic bag during winter
- December 13: don’t neglect the outdoors during colder days
- December 14: prevent asthma attacks caused by the Christmas tree syndrome
- December 15: a bit of noise might be good for creativity, but not for focus
- December 16: choose non-toxic Hanukkah candles
- December 17: attached to an old carpet? Make sure it’s not suffocating you!